Interested in working with us? Below are the current positions we have available and how we would love you to apply for them.
Job Posting : Journeyman Glazier
Rocky View Glass specializes in the fabrication and installation of commercial window systems such as curtain walls, storefront windows and strip windows. We are committed to providing high quality service and customer satisfaction. Safety is our top priority. We believe that a safe workplace leads to professional workmanship.
We are currently seeking a Journeyman Glazier.
This position reports to the Superintendent and works with Installers Fabricators and Estimators. The duties are as follows:
- Supervise the daily activities of the field crew including designating work assignment
- Training and mentoring junior staff
- Document site conditions and advise management of any concerns or issues
- Monitor and report on job progress
- Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolds, rigging and hoisting equipment
- Install, fit, fabricate and attach architectural metals or related substitute products in commercial and residential buildings
- Prepare and install skylights and other special glass in commercial and institutional establishments
- Repair and service commercial aluminum doors and other glass supporting structures, and replace damaged glass or faulty sealant
- Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Site measures and surveys for field dimensions
- Other related duties as assigned
What You Will Bring To Us:
- Completion of a four year apprenticeship glazing program from a recognized institution.
- High school graduation or a General Equivalency Diploma
- Valid Alberta Driver’s Licence
- Willingness and ability to train and mentor junior staff
- Aptitude for math, measuring and the use of power/hand tools
- Ability to read construction drawings
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Experience working in a construction environment would be an asset All employees of Rocky View Glass are expected to demonstrate safety consciousness, quality, customer focus, teamwork and a strong work ethic.
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Benefit package upon completion of probationary period
- Support to complete Apprenticeship program
- Training and mentoring from senior staff
- A safe workplace
How To Apply: